WHAT IS IJMB?
It is of the acronym Interim Joint Matriculation Board. It is an Approved, Proven & Certified Advanced level programme moderated by Ahmadu Bello University and having coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different study centres nationwide. The programme is specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the other, as the programme only requires candidates O’level results, Also awaiting result candidate can Enroll.
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) was set up in 1974 under status 5 of the Ahmadu Bello University law to run the Interim Joint Matriculation Board of Examination (IJMB) as an alternative “A’ level Examination, to students or candidates who may wish to seek undergraduate admission into Ahmadu Bello University and other university.
Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMB) is a qualifying examination into Nigeria and other international university. It is conducted yearly, essentially for Advanced level (A/L) subject for students already admitted by colleges affiliated to the board for the purpose of the examinations. In addition, two ordinary level (O/L) subjects (English and Mathematics) are also offered for students who may be deficient in these two (O/L) subjects. The various subjects offered at the IJMB are listed in appendix 1.2 Each candidates registered for the IJMB is expected to offer three subjects at the Advanced level; and where the need arise one or both the ordinary level subjects. The IJMB syllabus is subject to review in order to correspond to global changes. The governing Board of the IJMB approved the review of the syllabus, which was last reviewed in 1997. The review exercise was conducted in phases, in active collaboration with the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) participant were drawn from IJMB Affiliated Institutions, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and Examiners of the various subjects/papers. The IJMB syllabus is designed to be covered in twelve (12) months.
- Approved: By the Federal Government has a platform for securing admission into higher institution in the country and abroad.
- Proven: Yearly, about 20,000 applicants put in for the programme in which more than 70% fraction successfully secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred institution & course.
- Certified: By Nigeria University Commission (NUC) has an Advanced level examination that qualify students into 200level via Direct Entry.
HOW IT WORKS:
Prospective IJMB candidates are required to select any THREE (3) A/L IJMB Subject Combination identified with their preferred course of study in the university be it Science, Art or Social Science Course. Candidates would then be lectured for the stipulated period at their respective Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On completion of the programme, successful candidates accordingly utilize their IJMB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution via Direct Entry.
IJMB certificate is presently recognised and accepted in more than 80% of Nigeria federal, state and private Universities. Thus, prospective candidates can check (item 2.2) of JAMB BROCHURE to confirm IJMB legibility. PROGRAMME DURATION: IJMB A’level programme runs for a maximum period of one academic session(9-10month) divided in two(2) semesters. PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY: The programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered be it Science, Art or Social Science.
Benefits Of IJMB & Why You Should Apply.
- Gain admission into 200 level
- No JAMB UTME needed for admission
- You gain admission to study any course of your choice in any university
- IJMB admission is guaranteed
- Your result is valid for 7 years and can be used for Direct-entry admission into more than one institution in Nigeria
- IJMB is accepted by all university in Nigeria
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT IJMB
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY,ZARIA.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY,ABRAKA.
- RIVERS STATE UNI OF SCIENCE & TECH.
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO,UYO.
- CROSS RIVER STATE UNI OF SCI & TECH.
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECH, MINNA
IJMB SUBJECT COMBINATION
The IJMB subject combinations were complied with the aim of streamlining and making them relevant towards definite course specialization and acceptability in universities. The approved subject combinations were arrived at after due consultation with relevant documents relating to direct Entry requirements for various programmes of studies in Nigeria universities as specified in to JAMB brochure. Below are the approved IJMB subject combinations:
|CODE||COURSE/SUBJECT COMBINATION||POSSIBLE UNDER-GRADUATE COURSES|